Ciansoft WebTwainX is an ActiveX control (OCX) that is specifically designed for use in a web browser application. It enables images to be imported from any TWAIN-compliant device such as a scanner or webcam and then uploaded to a web server. It has the following main features:
- Ready to use with pre-configured user interface. Requires only a single line of code to be written to define the link to the server and start scanning and uploading images.
- Multiple image handling including support for scanners with automatic document feeders (ADF).
- Most popular image file formats supported including JPG, TIF and PDF. Multi-page TIF or PDF files created.
- Robust and easy to use. It is not necessary to know anything about the TWAIN specification.
- Basic image editing options available before uploading including rotate, deskew, despeckle and crop.
- A comprehensive set of functions to redesign the layout and functionality of the interface if required.
Fully Functional Trial
A trial version of WebTwainX is available, which provides all the functionality of the full version. The only restriction is that images acquired and uploaded using the trial version will have a line of text written across them to indicate that they were created using trial software. Download and start using the trial version now.
View an online demo of WebTwainX. This demo shows all the features available for scanning or capturing images and editing those images in the web interface. In this demo the file upload feature is not configured for use.
Comprehensive Instruction Manual
Both the trial and full versions of the control are supplied as self-installing .exe files. The installation includes a comprehensive instruction manual in pdf format. This manual is also available on this website in either pdf or html format.
Purchase of Full Version
The price of a single server licence for the full version is $190. Click here for more details or to purchase now.